Step 3: Give yourself a time table
If you're like me and you tend to procrastinate this is something you need to do. Being in debt can be stressful and in many ways just downright depressing. After you've completed steps 1 and 2 give yourself a realistic schedule. I say realistic because as much as I would love be out debt with in the year I know it's virtually impossible (unless I win the lottery...come on Power ball!). Set yourself goals that you know you can reach.
For example let's say you had a bill that was roughly about $200. This is one that can be paid off in as little as 1-3 months. Once you're paid if off it will feel like a small victory. Personally, when I pay anything off I feel good. Take it as incentive to continue making the slow journey out of debt. It's hard budgeting down to very last penny and sometimes going without just so you can get some breathing room from your debts. It's hard but in the end is definitely worth. I truly believe that if I struggle now to get what I want out of life the rest will come naturally.
One more important note: DO NOT CREATE ANY MORE DEBT! Sounds simple, right? While you're paying off your credit cards and other bills remember not go and charge on those same cards again. All that does is set you up for failure. If you're constantly paying down and charging the card right back up it becomes a never ending cycle. Learn to do without what you don't need to live.
Powered by Qumana

2 comments:
hi I stumbles on your blog...and it is definately divine intervention...I started budgeting this past week, and so far its hard to pass on things that I love...but like you said...you have to struggle in the beginning to make progress...thanks for the info...I will be checking your blog for updates
Glad I can be of some help. I'm working towards the same goal and yes it's hard but it's worth it. Thanks for checking out my blog!
Post a Comment