We've all heard this before but what does it really mean? The concept of living within in your means is simple. Know what you can afford and don't spend more than you have. Easier said then done, huh? It also involves learning to prioritize. For example, let's say (insert favorite store here) has a super sale but you money is tight and you have BILLS due. Not just little bills...I mean utilities and rent. Instead of paying your bills you splurge on those cute little sandals and matching purse. You spend almost $75 dollars on accessories yet you cannot pay your other bills. Doesn't really sound smart does it?
I understand what's it like to really, really want something. I'm not saying don't ever buy yourself something special but be realistic. If you know bills are due and it's a toss up between cute shoes and a roof over your head....well I'd pick the roof. By making the extra sacrifices now and lowering your debt you'll eventually have that extra money to splurge.
Powered by Qumana

0 comments:
Post a Comment