March 26, 2006

Budget Tip #4: Coupons!

Before I started to actually budget my money I could've cared less about a coupon. I wasn't interested in what I considered wasting time cutting those things out and then trying to hunt them down in the store. It wasn't until I witnessed my mother saving about $30 on her groceries just by using these paper money savers (coupons) that I realized what's 15 mins of my time if it can save me money. So I decided to put the coupon craze to the test. I found my usual stack of coupons in the Sunday newspaper along with searching online for several websites that are completely devoted to coupons and money saving ideas. Once I started using them I realized that there are coupons for almost everything.

Wanna know a little secret? I don't ever pay full price for money rentals at all. I go to my local movie rental store, which is kinda cheap to begin with. I usually get a coupon in a online monthly newsletter that allows me to rent a movie regular price (usually no more than $3) and I get one rental free. I love that concept. Two for the price of one. How can you go wrong with that?


If you've found interesting ways to save money leave me a comment. I'd love to hear about it!

Tags: coupons, budget,

Powered by Qumana

1 comments:

Golden one said...

I like that tip. I forgot about that one. Thanks!