March 14, 2006

Budget Tip #2: Brown Bag It!

When you actually have money in your pocket the $5 you spend on a value meal or the $7 you spend at Subway doesn't really seem to make a difference. But fast forward to the end of the week and you've got some days before your next paycheck and then you start to think about it. Consider bringing your lunch to work at least 2 or 3 times a week.

Let's calculate this for a minute:
If you spend $6 a day that's $30 a week (Mon-Fri).
In a month you've spent $120
In a year that equals out to $1,440 spent on lunch. No imagine what bill you
could have paid off with that.

Now if you're like me, I hate feeling like I'm depriving myself of anything then this might be a little hard for you. That's why I suggested brown bagging it 2-3 days instead of all 5. I always have to treat myself a little every once and a while. But if you look at the amount of money you're saving then actually it's worth the extra effort. Figure out what works for you and START SAVING!


Powered by Qumana

0 comments: