March 11, 2006

Budget Tip #1: Make a meal for next to nothing!

This tip is especially for the broke and single. Instead of spending $5 for every value meal, think about buying something that can provide you with leftovers. With leftovers you not only have your dinner but lunch for work as well. Virtually two meals for the price of one!

If you like fried chicken, well this is the tip for you. While others pay $10 for an 8 piece at your local KFC take the time to check out Walmart, Winn Dixie, or other similar stores' deil. You can usually get that same 8 piece (minus the extra crispy) for half the price. Also if you're really cheap and you don't mind having to reheat your chick you can get it for even less! Yesterday I went by my local Food World and found the manager's special. It's usually the chicken that was cooked earlier in the day that they put into a cooler to sale at a discounted price. I got 8 pieces of chicken for $2.00, 6 pieces of garlic bread for .50, potato salad for .99, and hot sauce (of course!) for .50.....my total for a meal that I can eat on for two or three days a whopping 3.99 + tax. How cool is that!!!!!

And for those of us who don't like to cook the microwave meal is always available. Now some of those microwave meals can be a little expensive. But those of use who don't mind a bargain Banquet Meals are always a winner. At my local walmart I can get one of those meals for .98 a piece. If I'm really hungry then i can get the "hungry man" type banquet meals for $1.68. Hmm a whole meal for less than a value meal at the local fast food restaurants. I like that!!

*Don't forget every little bit of money you save can go on something you need to pay. Stay tuned for the next topic..."Facing Debt Reality"

0 comments: